Remember, alcohol can only be delivered to diners who are 21+ and not intoxicated. When you arrive at the diner's location, please make sure these requirements are met.
Orders with alcohol are not eligible for contact free delivery as you MUST verify the diner's age by reviewing the diner's valid ID.
Forms of a valid I.D. include:
- a state-issued driver's license or I.D.
- a passport document
- an identification card issued by the Armed Forces of the United States.
Verify the customer’s age at drop off:
- Request to see a valid state-issued driver’s license or I.D., a passport document, or an ID card issued by the Armed Forces of the United States and ensure it matches what they verbally confirmed and they are 21+.
- Check the expiration date on the I.D. and confirm the customer you’re delivering to matches the photo.
- Use the app to scan the customer’s I.D. to complete the verification process. If the app won’t scan the I.D., you can manually enter the customer’s age.
- Ask the customer to verbally confirm their birth date.
Make sure an ID is not invalid or fake:
- Check the expiration date. Do not accept an ID that is expired.
- Compare the diner at the door to the photo in the ID. Examine facial features: are the height, eye shape, ear and nose shape or placement similar? Ignore weight, hair and makeup as these may change.
- Feel the edges of the ID – a legitimate ID will have smooth, uniform edges. A fake ID may have rougher edges and perhaps may be coming apart.
- Look for glue lines or bumpy or uneven surfaces. A real ID’s surface should be consistent.