Remember, alcohol can only be delivered to customers who are 21+ and not intoxicated. When you arrive at the customer's location, please make sure these requirements are met.
Orders with alcohol are not eligible for contact free delivery as you MUST verify the customer's age by reviewing the diner's valid ID.
Forms of a valid I.D. include:
- a state-issued driver's license
- a state-issued identification card
Verify the customer’s age at drop off:
- Request to see a valid state-issued driver’s license or ID and ensure it matches what they verbally confirmed and they are 21+.
- Check the expiration date on the ID and confirm the customer you’re delivering to matches the photo.
- Use the app to scan the back side of the customer’s ID to complete the verification process. If the app won’t scan the ID, the alcohol must be returned to the vendor. Tap 'There's a problem' at the bottom of the driver app and follow the order flow to complete the return.
- Ask the customer to verbally confirm their birth date.
Make sure an ID is not invalid or fake:
- Check the expiration date. Do not accept an ID that is expired.
- Compare the diner at the door to the photo in the ID. Examine facial features: are the height, eye shape, ear and nose shape or placement similar? Ignore weight, hair and makeup as these may change.
- Feel the edges of the ID – a legitimate ID will have smooth, uniform edges. A fake ID may have rougher edges and perhaps may be coming apart.
- Look for glue lines or bumpy or uneven surfaces. A real ID’s surface should be consistent.
You have the right to refuse to deliver the alcohol if you suspect that a customer is underage, even if they provide an ID that says they are 21+.