High performing delivery partners may unlock more offer opportunities, including orders that contain multiple meals. These orders look just like any large order, but they come with multiple, individually labeled meals. You’ll know it’s an order with multiple meals when you see the label “contains multiple meals” in the offer and a checklist when you’re picking up. This list is an easy way to make sure that the order is complete.
At the restaurant:
- Arrive at the restaurant ahead of the pickup time.
- Please introduce yourself to the staff and let them know you’re there to pick up a large order.
- Wear your Grubhub shirt and hat so employees and diners can quickly identify you
- Bring multiple insulated bags to help manage large orders. Remember, you need insulated bags to complete a delivery. However, they do not need to be Grubhub branded bags.
- Identify your order by the customer’s name and pickup time.
- Verify all items of the order with the restaurant as they hand it to you. Use the checklist in your app to verify you have an order for each person listed.
- If the restaurant is unable to label the bags, ask them to verify what is in each sealed bag and write the name of the diner on each specific order.
- Pro tip: Having a few permanent markers can come in very handy for large orders
- Confirm you have all items, paying particular attention to commonly missed things such as:
- Side Dressing
- Sodas / Beverages
- Plates, napkins, & utensils (only when requested)
- For food quality, separate hot and cold items when packing them for transport. Remember to group all orders by drop off location.
Want more gear to manage large orders?: You can find a wide selection of large bags, cupholders and more at the Grubhub Driver Shop website. You may also purchase push carts or permanent markers if you find those helpful. You can also find these items in other local stores and websites.
Delivering to a place of business:
Make sure to arrive within a 10 minute window of the designated time.
- Follow the Delivery Instructions in the Grubhub for Drivers app.
- Verify that you are at the correct suite number/company.
- You may need to check-in with the building’s security, a typical requirement of many business locations.
- You may also need to check-in with the office manager or receptionist when you first enter the office itself.
- If leaving the food with the front desk, confirm that the diner works there and is expecting a delivery.
- If you are asked to set up the food, please follow the diner’s instructions. As a general guideline, we recommend you group it by diners name, preferably in alphabetical order.
Article is closed for comments.