To be a well prepared biker in New York City, we suggest following the “Hit the Road” checklist before each block. Check out the Grubhub for Drivers shop if you need any delivery or biker safety gear.
Before each block:
- Double check the time for your scheduled block
- Be within the delivery boundaries of your area
- Set status to "Taking Offers" in the Grubhub for Drivers app
Gear needed to hit the road
New York law requires you to have the following while completing a delivery using a bike:
- Reflective vest
- A laminated card with your unique three-digit ID number to carry with you while you perform your delivery service
- A plate bearing your unique three-digit ID number for the rear of your bicycle
Please Note: As an independent contractor and business owner it is your responsibility to always comply with NYC’s Department of Transportation regulations. Ignoring or violating these policies may result in a fine from City authorities. As an independent contractor, you are responsible for all fines incurred during your work as a delivery partner. You can purchase some or all of these items in the Grubhub for Drivers shop.
In order to partner with Grubhub, you will also need an insulated delivery bag.
- You may use your own delivery bag
- After you complete your first delivery, Grubhub will send you a free insulated bag to use for Grubhub deliveries.
- If you would like, you can also purchase an insulated delivery biker backpack, either from Grubhub or any other source. Here is Grubhub’s Insulated Biker Backpack.
Please Note: the bag you use is up to you and does not need to be Grubhub branded
Delivery partners have found the below gear to help ensure the smooth transportation of orders by bikers
- Bike rack
- Bungee cords
- Bike lock
- Mobile phone charger
- Phone mount
Please Note: These materials are not required, but may help when delivering orders that contain large boxes, such as pizza boxes, and drinks.