Grubhub has updated it's fraud-prevention process to help you understand what violations are and how they work.
A “violation” is a pattern or behavior that’s usually associated with fraud, which is defined as an undesirable behavior that impacts the restaurant or diner.
Through this process, you get a clear roadmap for exactly what behaviors might trigger a violation and how you can get back on the road if a violation occurs.
If a violation occurs, you will receive a notification through the Grubhub for Drivers app and an email. You'll have a chance to review and acknowledge the violation via the app. If 3 violations occur, your account will be blocked and you won’t be able to log on to the app. After you have had a violation for 90 days, it will expire and be removed from your account.
Behaviors that Can Lead to an Account Violation
- Unassigned orders - Accepting an order and refusing to complete the delivery, resulting in a delayed or canceled experience for the restaurant and diner
- Marking restaurants as closed when they are not closed - Reporting a restaurant closed within the app despite the restaurant being open and able to take orders.
- Failing to deliver/delivering orders to the wrong place after pick up - Not completing orders by either dropping orders off in the wrong location or by theft of orders/items.
- Delaying pickup or drop-off of orders you’ve accepted - Not moving to the restaurant/diner after accepting the order or leaving the restaurant.
- Overcharged Orders - Buying more items or services, on the Grubhub for Drivers Card, than were ordered by the diner
- Masking/Falsifying location - Hiding or misrepresenting your actual location while available on the app.
- Falsifying Delivery Progress- Giving incorrect information concerning arrival at a restaurant and order pick-ups and drop-offs.
- Avoiding Dropoff Photos - Not providing a dropoff photo or backing out of the dropoff photo flow in an effort to hide delivery progress.
By giving you clear guidelines for using the Grubhub platform, we’re improving our fraud-prevention process and creating an environment that protects and empowers Grubhub drivers. And when drivers succeed, the entire Grubhub network succeeds.