Sexual harassment includes unwanted sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or visual, verbal, or physical conduct of a sexual nature when:
- Submission to such conduct is made a term or condition of providing services or use of the Grubhub platform.
- Submission to, or rejection of, such conduct is used as a basis for decisions affecting the individual.
- Such conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with a delivery partner's work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working environment.
Sexual harassment also includes various forms of offensive behavior based on sex and includes gender-based harassment of a person of the same sex as the harasser. The following is a partial list of examples:
- Unwanted sexual advances.
- Offering work-related benefits in exchange for sexual favors.
- Making or threatening reprisals after a negative response to sexual advances.
- Visual conduct: leering; making sexual gestures; displaying sexually suggestive objects or pictures, cartoons, posters, websites, emails or text messages.
- Verbal conduct: making or using derogatory comments, epithets, slurs, sexually explicit jokes, or comments about an employee's body or dress.
- Verbal sexual advances or propositions.
- Verbal abuse of a sexual nature; graphic verbal commentary about an individual's body; sexually degrading words to describe an individual; suggestive or obscene letters, notes or invitations.
- Physical conduct: touching, assault, impeding or blocking movements.
- Retaliation for reporting harassment or threatening to report sexual harassment.
Conduct may constitute harassment based on sex even if the alleged harassing conduct was not motivated by sexual desire.
Discrimination and Other Types of Harassment
Discrimination or harassment on the basis of any legally protected classification is prohibited, including, but not limited to:
- National origin
- Physical or mental disability
- Medical condition
- Genetic information
- Marital status
- Sex and gender
- Gender identity and gender expression
- Sexual orientation
- Military and veteran status
- Immigration status
- any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law
Prohibited behaviors includes conduct such as:
- Verbal conduct including threats, epithets, derogatory comments or slurs based on an individual’s protected classification.
- Visual conduct, including derogatory posters, photographs, cartoons, drawings or gestures based on protected classification.
- Physical conduct, including assault, unwanted touching or blocking normal movement because of an individual’s protected status.
- Refusing to provide or accept services based on an individual’s protected classification
After receiving a complaint of discrimination or sexual harassment, Grubhub will conduct a fair, timely, and thorough investigation to reach reasonable conclusions and take proper remedial action based on the information collected. Grubhub will keep all such complaints confidential to the extent possible. No person utilizing the Grubhub platform shall be retaliated against as a result of making a good faith complaint of sexual or other harassment, or for participating in a subsequent investigation. To report a complaint of discrimination or sexual harassment while using the Grubhub platform please fill in this form.
Article is closed for comments.