Some drivers may feel safer knowing their friends or family have their location in case of emergency. Below are steps you can take to share your location with a significant other, family member, or close friend while making deliveries.
If you have an iPhone, you can share your location using Messages by following these steps:
- Open an existing conversation in Messages with the person you’d like to share your location with.
- Tap on the name of the person at the top of the conversation.
- Tap the info icon ("i" in a circle) and choose the kind of location sharing you want:
- If you want to send your current location, tap "Send My Current Location".
- If you want to share your location for a period of time, tap "Share My Location," and then choose how long you want your location to be visible—an hour, for the rest of the day, or forever.
For more information and additional ways to enable location sharing, click here.
If you have an Android, please follow these steps to enable location sharing:
- If you haven't already, follow these steps to add the person’s Gmail address you wish to share to your location with Google Contacts.
- Then, on your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app and sign in. Learn how to sign in here.
- Tap your profile picture or initial > Location sharing > New share .
- Choose how long you want to share your location.
- Tap the profile of the person with whom you want to share your location. If asked about allowing your contacts to access Google Maps, click yes.
- Tap “Share”.
For more information click here.