What is the Prop 22 healthcare subsidy?
If you enroll in a Covered California health insurance plan and meet minimum active delivery times over the calendar quarter, you may be eligible to receive a healthcare subsidy from Grubhub.
How does the healthcare subsidy work?
To qualify for a healthcare subsidy, you must meet these requirements:
- Active delivery time of at least 15 hours per week averaged over the quarter
- Submit your proof of current enrollment in a qualifying health plan anytime up to 15 days after the end of a calendar quarter. Once you submit valid proof of insurance, your subsidy will be paid out within 15 days. Your submission will only be reviewed once you hit the minimum number of hours to reach the Level 1 subsidy.
- Have a qualifying health plan. A qualifying healthcare plan is an insurance plan for which you’re the plan subscriber, and is not Medicare, Medicaid, or an employer-sponsored plan.
Once you meet these requirements, you’ll receive one of two subsidies based on your average active delivery time over the quarter. You can find the exact numbers needed in the Grubhub for Drivers app.
- Level 1 - Drivers with an active delivery time of at least 15 hours, but less than 25 hours per week on average over the entire quarter.
- Level 2 - Drivers with an active delivery time of 25 hours per week or more on average over the entire quarter.
How much will my healthcare subsidy be?
- For drivers with 25 hours or more/week (averaged over the entire quarter): $455.10 per month x 3 months = $1365.30 for the quarter.
- At least 15 hours per week but less than 25 hours per week (averaged over the entire quarter): $227.55 per month x 3 months = 682.65 for the quarter.
When will I receive my healthcare subsidy?
- If you qualify, you will receive a healthcare subsidy on a quarterly basis once you provide proof of current enrollment in a qualifying health plan.
- The quarters in a calendar year are as follows:
- January - March
- April - June
- July - September
- October - December
You will receive a subsidy within 15 days of the end of the calendar quarter or 15 days of drivers’ submission of proof of enrollment, whichever is later. Approval will only take place after you reach the minimum hours for Level 1 subsidy.
What are the accepted forms of health insurance?
- In order to qualify for the healthcare subsidy, you must provide documentation containing each of the following for your health insurance:
- Effective date
- Driver name (note, driver must be plan subscriber)
- Listed name of insurance provider, for example:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Blue Shield of California
- Chinese Community Health Plan
- Health Net
- Kaiser Permanente
- L.A. Care Health Plan
- Molina Healthcare
- Sharp Health Plan
- Oscar Health
- Valley Health Plan
- Western Health Advantage
- This documentation can include:
- Health insurance membership or identification card
- Evidence of coverage and disclosure forms from your health plan
- Claim forms and other documents necessary to submit claims
- You may only submit up to 5 documents in the app
For information on how to submit your documents in the driver app, you can visit this page.