Grubhub is committed to providing a work environment that is free of illicit harassment based on any protected characteristics. As a result, Grubhub maintains a strict policy prohibiting sexual harassment and harassment against or by Delivery Partners, diners, or anyone else who a Delivery Partner may come into contact with on their deliveries or while providing services, based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to, their race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex and gender, pregnancy, gender identity and gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, immigration status or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law. All such harassment is prohibited.
This policy applies to all persons who use or are involved in the operation of the Grubhub platform, including Delivery Partners, diners, clients, and customers, or any Grubhub employee or other third party interacting with Delivery Partners, and prohibits proscribed harassing conduct by any Delivery Partner, diner, client or customer, or any Grubhub employee or other third party interacting with Delivery Partners. If such harassment occurs while the Delivery Partner is performing services on the Grubhub platform or is directed toward any Delivery Partner or another third party interacting with Grubhub or the platform, the procedures in this policy should be followed.
Sexual Harassment Defined
Sexual harassment includes unwanted sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or visual, verbal, or physical conduct of a sexual nature when:
- Submission to such conduct is made a term or condition of providing services or use of the Grubhub platform; or
- Submission to, or rejection of, such conduct is used as a basis for decisions affecting the individual; or
- Such conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with a Delivery Partner's work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working environment.
Sexual harassment also includes various forms of offensive behavior based on sex and includes gender-based harassment of a person of the same sex as the harasser. The following is a partial list of examples:
- Unwanted sexual advances.
- Offering work-related benefits in exchange for sexual favors.
- Making or threatening reprisals after a negative response to sexual advances.
- Visual conduct: leering; making sexual gestures; displaying sexually suggestive objects or pictures, cartoons, posters, websites, emails or text messages.
- Verbal conduct: making or using derogatory comments, epithets, slurs, sexually explicit jokes, or comments about an employee's body or dress.
- Verbal sexual advances or propositions.
- Verbal abuse of a sexual nature; graphic verbal commentary about an individual's body; sexually degrading words to describe an individual; suggestive or obscene letters, notes or invitations.
- Physical conduct: touching, assault, impeding or blocking movements.
- Retaliation for reporting harassment or threatening to report sexual harassment.
Conduct may constitute harassment based on sex even if the alleged harassing conduct was not motivated by sexual desire.
Other Types of Harassment
Harassment on the basis of any legally protected classification is prohibited, including harassment based on: race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex and gender, pregnancy, gender identity and gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, immigration status or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law. Prohibited harassment may include behavior similar to the illustrations above pertaining to sexual harassment. This includes conduct such as:
- Verbal conduct including threats, epithets, derogatory comments or slurs based on an individual’s protected classification;
- Visual conduct, including derogatory posters, photographs, cartoons, drawings or gestures based on protected classification; and
- Physical conduct, including assault, unwanted touching or blocking normal movement because of an individual’s protected status.
Any Delivery Partner, diner, or other user of the platform who experiences sexual or other harassment may submit a complaint to Grubhub’s Driver Support Team via this form. Grubhub will keep all such complaints confidential to the extent possible. After receiving a complaint of sexual harassment, Grubhub will conduct a fair, timely, and thorough investigation to reach reasonable conclusions and take proper remedial action based on the information collected. No person utilizing the Grubhub platform shall be retaliated against as a result of making a good faith complaint of sexual or other harassment, or for participating in a subsequent investigation.