Question #1: What are the eligibility requirements for COVID Sick Pay?
You are eligible for COVID sick pay if you have performed deliveries for at least 40 hours in a year within Philadelphia.
Question #2: Under what circumstances can I use COVID sick pay?
You can use COVID sick pay if any of the following apply:
- You are subject to a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to the public health emergency, or you are caring for an individual who is subject to such an order;
- You have been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine due to concerns related to the public health emergency, or you are caring for someone who has been so advised;
- You are experiencing symptoms related to the public health emergency and seeking a medical diagnosis;
- You are caring for your child if the school or place of care of the child has been closed, or the childcare provider of your child is unavailable, due to precautions taken in accordance with the public health emergency response; or
- You are experiencing any other substantially similar condition specified by the United States Secretary of Health and Human Services in consultation with the United States Secretary of the Treasury and the United States Secretary of Labor.
Question #3: Do I need to provide documentation in order to receive COVID sick pay?
No. Grubhub does not require you to submit documentation.
Question #4: How much can I receive in COVID sick pay?
The maximum amount you may receive in COVID sick pay depends on the number of hours you spend making deliveries. If you average 40 hours or more per week making deliveries, you can receive an amount of sick pay up to the greater of (a) eighty (80) hours, or (b) the average number of hours you worked over a 14-day period up to a maximum of one hundred and twelve (112) hours. If you average less than 40 hours per week making deliveries, you can receive paid sick pay equivalent to the amount of compensation you receive in an average 14-day period.
Question #5: Is there a limited time period during which I can use COVID sick pay?
Yes. If you meet all eligibility requirements, you may request COVID sick pay up to December 31, 2020.
Question #6: How do I apply for COVID sick pay?
Submit a request via the Grubhub driver support pay form.