In addition to general food safety guidelines, San Mateo County Health Services is strongly advising all food delivery personnel to engage in the following activities in order to prevent the spread of illness:
- Do not work if you are sick or are experiencing any signs of illness.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water immediately prior to picking up a food order from a restaurant.
- Use approved hand sanitizer regularly during pick up and deliveries.
- Frequently wipe down hard surfaces inside the vehicle with contact surface sanitizers/disinfectants. Prevent contamination of food by always keeping food and sanitizers separate.
- Regularly disinfect all multi-touch surfaces inside and outside of delivery vehicles (i.e., door handles, steering wheel, gear shift, buttons and console controls, etc.)
- Regularly disinfect cell phone surfaces.
Below are some additional resources for:
Article is closed for comments.