Should a market close for delivery, you will receive an email and will be notified by a banner in the Grubhub for Drivers app.
At this time, you can continue delivering if you have not received a notification for your market. While restaurants may be closed for customers to dine-in, many remain open for pickup, drive-thru, and other special instruction delivery orders.
Should things change in your market, you will be alerted by email and in the Grubhub for Drivers app.
Some restaurants, especially quick service restaurants, may appear closed but their drive-thru may still be open. If you think the restaurant may be closed please:
- Carefully read pickup instructions: After arriving at a restaurant, check the pickup instructions on the Grubhub for Drivers app. The restaurant may have added specific instructions to help protect you and the restaurant staff.
- Use the drive-thru when available: Many restaurants are moving to drive-thru only, so skip the front door and let them know you're picking up a delivery order.
- Check for signs at the restaurant: Some restaurants are posting signs near the front entrance with special pickup instructions that may ask you to knock, call, or use a different entrance.
- Call the restaurant: If you're not sure about the pickup instructions on the app, a quick call to the restaurant can help answer most of your questions.
- If the restaurant is closed: Tap there’s a problem at the bottom of the screen, select Restaurant is closed, follow the onscreen instructions