Place and Pay Orders
- Place the order online: If you’re placing an order using your Grubhub Driver Card, try to place the order and pay using the restaurant’s online ordering system.
At the Restaurant
- Wait in your car: Park in designated areas or nearby and wait in your car until the designated pick up time.
- Maintain 6 or more feet from others: Make sure to maintain 6 or more feet from others who might also be waiting to pick up an order. This is especially important if you’re a biker and unable to wait inside a car.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): The CDC recommends wearing a face covering when in public.
- Carefully read pickup instructions: After arriving at a restaurant, check the pickup instructions on the Grubhub for Drivers app. The restaurant may have added specific instructions to help protect you and the restaurant staff.
- Use the drive-thru when available: Many restaurants are moving to drive-thru only, so skip the front door and let them know you're picking up a delivery order.
- Check for signs at the restaurant: Some restaurants are posting signs near the front entrance with special pickup instructions that may ask you to knock, call, or use a different entrance.
- Call the restaurant: If you're not sure about the pickup instructions on the app, a quick call to the restaurant can help answer most of your questions.
At the Diner
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): The CDC recommends wearing a face covering when in public. This is especially important when delivering alcohol to the diner. Read this page for more information on alcohol delivery during COVID-19.
- Read the delivery instructions: Carefully read the delivery instructions for additional information on where the diner would like their food.
- Use the waiting timer: If the diner does not respond to your text or call within 30 seconds, you should start the waiting timer by using the There's a Problem option in the driver application.
- Unfamiliar with the waiting timer? Check out this tutorial
- Tell the diner where you left the food: Once the waiting timer is finished, text the diner and leave the food. It’s advised that for a better experience, include a picture and description of where you left the food in the text.
- Not sure how to text the diner using the Grubhub for Drivers app? Check out this tutorial
- Visually confirm that the food is picked up: If you’re asked to drop off the food in a place other than directly outside a person’s door or with a person directly (doorman, security, etc.), get visual confirmation that the food has been picked up before tapping Delivered.
Delivery Instructions in the Grubhub for Drivers App
Depending on what the Diner requested you might see one of the following screens:
- Please read this screen carefully for every order