The following is NYC Health Department guidance most relevant to food businesses:
- Do not make deliveries if you are sick. You should be at home if you are sick.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water or use hand sanitizer before and after each delivery.
- Practice social distancing, keeping 6 feet between you and others.
- Ask a customer before delivering food whether the food can be left at the apartment door or with a doorman, if there is one.
- In buildings with elevators, only get into a car where you can maintain a safe distance from others. Otherwise, wait for the next elevator. If possible, take the stairs.
- If you do interact with a customer, remember to wash hands or use hand sanitizer after every transaction.
While delivering, please follow these recommended precautions and remember to read restaurant pick-up and contact-free delivery instructions to protect yourself, diners, and restaurant staff.
Article is closed for comments.