To be a well prepared biker in New York City, we suggest following the “Hit the Road” checklist before each block.
Best practices before each block
- Double check the time for your scheduled block
- Be located in the correct delivery boundary
- Set status to "Taking Offers" in the Grubhub for Drivers app
Gear needed to hit the road
- Grubhub required equipment per the NYC Department of Transportation
- Reflective vest
- A laminated card bearing your unique three-digit ID number for you to carry on deliveries
- A plate bearing your unique three-digit ID number for the rear of your bicycle
- Delivery bags or biker backpack
Grubhub highly recommends the below gear to help ensure the smooth transportation of orders by bikers.
These materials will help when delivering orders that contain large boxes, such as pizza boxes, and drinks. We suggest visiting an online or local bike store to purchase the above materials. The items will range from $10-$25.
- Bike rack
- Bungee cords
- Bike lock
- Mobile phone charger
- Phone mount