Here are some helpful tips from the NYC Department of Transportation
Battery charging and care
It is very important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for charging your e-bike battery.
- Only use the original equipment manufacturer's charger to charge your e-bike battery
- Charge your e-bike battery plugged directly into a wall outlet (never use charging strips or extension cords)
- Do not modify or attempt to repair your e-bike battery
- Never charge an e-bike battery unattended or overnight
Safe storage tips
Storing your e-bike battery safely is extremely important to your safety and those around you.
- Store batteries at room temperature (never in extreme temperatures)
- Handle your e-bike with care. Do not drop or submerge in water
- Store and charge your battery in well-ventilated areas and near fire detection equipment
E-bike tips for the road
It's important to know the laws regarding e-bikes in your city. Please take a moment and refer to your states' Department of Transportation laws for more detailed information.
- E-bikes are able to use the bike lane. Use them when possible, but never against the flow of traffic
- Yield to pedestrians and do not use the sidewalk
- Avoid distractions. If you need to check your phone, pull over safely